Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Charlie's Medical Thread

charliespet

Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness. Look at their little ears and paws! I could just die from this amount of cute!
Haha I know! their little paws are adorable, and 2 of them have the sweetest little floppy ears, and the other's ears stick up! Haha I can't wait to see wether they are boys or girls and I'm crossing my fingers we have 2 boys and 1 girl. That way all would be well for cagemates!

charliespet

Cavy Slave
They really look pretty big for newborns. It's hard to believe all of them fit inside Charlie at once. Any clue yet on their gender?
No, I'm going to check here in a couple hours and see if I can tell yet ;) hoping for 2 boys one girl...

BlueButterfly

Cavy Slave
Aww! So cute! I looked at this thread today and saw there were a bunch of posts, and I was just hoping the babies had been born! They're so adorable. I think three is the perfect number.

Raine59

Cavy Slave
[MENTION=22418]charliespet[/MENTION]....tell us about the birth. Did you know she was about to have them and did you watch the whole event? How long did it take for all 3 to be born?

ellisa

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Oh my goodness!! They are all so beautiful!!! Good job, Charlie!

jm_1234

Cavy Slave
OMG congrats! They are sooooooooooo cute :)

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
How wonderful!!!! They are so beautiful!!!

charliespet

Cavy Slave
@charliespet ....tell us about the birth. Did you know she was about to have them and did you watch the whole event? How long did it take for all 3 to be born?
Well, I knew it was going to be soon, because her pelvic bone had begun to seperate last week, and had been at 2 fingers width for 3 days. Her genital area was swollen, and the day before, I saw her tugging the fleece and re-arranging it. She would sniff the floor, and go in circles, checking and re-checking. Plus she was constantly eating pellets, sleeping, eating way more than usual, even for being pregnant.

Also, she avoided fruit all the way up until the last day. She ate 2 table spoons of banana. That told me she must have been needing sugar, and her body was going through the blood sugar drop at the end of pregnancy. I noticed she wanted sugar and anything high in calcium, and also she ate poo almost non stop the last two days.

I got there just after the last baby was born, and had just checked on her the hour before. So I did not see the contractions or actual birth, but I know it was very short because I checked on her b4 I started an episode of desperate housewives, and they were born when I got up to check before it was even over..:)

nibbler100

Cavy Slave
congrats on the baby's! there all soo cute XD i got to see my Riley give birth to one baby as well XD shes in my room and i was sleeping. The First baby woke me up hahah and i sat and watch for the second to be born then went back to bed because it was two in the morning and i had to sleep for school XD when i got up the next morning there where three little babys in the ages lol. and one of the baby's had ears that stuck up to! ill put a pick.. its soo cute XD CIMG0085

charliespet

Cavy Slave
congrats on the baby's! there all soo cute XD i got to see my Riley give birth to one baby as well XD shes in my room and i was sleeping. The First baby woke me up hahah and i sat and watch for the second to be born then went back to bed because it was two in the morning and i had to sleep for school XD when i got up the next morning there where three little babys in the ages lol. and one of the baby's had ears that stuck up to! ill put a pick.. its soo cute XD View attachment 25526
Awww! SO ADORABLE!

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Oh my wheek they are PRECIOUS!!!!! I just saw that Charlie (love her name btw) finally popped! You should be happy I'm not in Florida otherwise you would've woken up this morning to find them gone ;)

kananaka

Cavy Slave
OH MY GOODNESS! Congrats on the healthy delivery. Glad Mom and babies are doing well. :love:

ChristieB

Cavy Slave
love them all!! So fun!

schavarry

Cavy Slave
Did you check the gender yet? Just curious to know which ones are girls... I LOVE the first one with the blue eyes - adorable!!

charliespet

Cavy Slave
Did you check the gender yet? Just curious to know which ones are girls... I LOVE the first one with the blue eyes - adorable!!
I just checked their genders again today and I am 90 percent sure the smooth hair is a male, as well as the brown one, and that the black and caramel abyssinian is a female. In a bit I will post pics and see what everyone else's opnions are. They are quite squirmy so its hard to check! LOL

schavarry

Cavy Slave
I just checked their genders again today and I am 90 percent sure the smooth hair is a male, as well as the brown one, and that the black and caramel abyssinian is a female. In a bit I will post pics and see what everyone else's opnions are. They are quite squirmy so its hard to check! LOL

Sounds like you got what you wanted!! I know they can be super squirmy... It might help to have one person look while the other checks the gender. I would be sure to double check when they're 2.5 or so weeks just to be sure. Keep in mind that some girls have a bump that can look like the protrusion a penis would typically come out of (I have a girl with a bump, originally thought she was a boy, luckily had her re-sexed before she had a chance to get pregnant). Again, your piggies are so adorable! Lucky piggy "grandma" :)

mufasa

Cavy Gazer
I've been gone for a few days with limited internet, but I saw the pics when you first posted them and now I finally have a chance to post. They are so adorable! I hope you're right on the genders so it all works out like you were hoping. I'm sure Charlie is glad that it's all over with...that was a lot of baby to carry.

Dee_E

Cavy Slave
How utterly adorable!!!

charliespet

Cavy Slave
Sounds like you got what you wanted!! I know they can be super squirmy... It might help to have one person look while the other checks the gender. I would be sure to double check when they're 2.5 or so weeks just to be sure. Keep in mind that some girls have a bump that can look like the protrusion a penis would typically come out of (I have a girl with a bump, originally thought she was a boy, luckily had her re-sexed before she had a chance to get pregnant). Again, your piggies are so adorable! Lucky piggy "grandma" :)
Yeah I'm going to check again, I have also noticed that with young boys you can feel a tube like thing just above the area where the penis pops out...I'm guessig its the penis under the skin...LOL

charliespet

Cavy Slave
UPDATE: All three babies are healthy and happy, and yesterday was the day to seperate them. I built a stacked 3 grid by 2 grid cage using cubes for a base. Mom and poppy are on top, and chip and percy are on bottom. BTW we decided chip was officially "buffalo chip" haha because so many friends said he looked like a mini buffalo. :) We have plans to build a permanent hutch this summer! Also, Chip and Percy are 100 percent boys and Poppy is 100 percent a girl...couldn't have turned out better!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.