Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chances of Boys Fighting After Bonding

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Hello all,

I have a question about male guinea pigs and the odds of them fighting.
I know this is a tough question to answer but I'm hoping some of you might have had experience in this.

Basically, I have 2 neutered males who have been living together now for 2 weeks and are getting along great. They sleep together, cuddle, popcorn and are just overall buddies.

Their ages are 3 1/2 years old and 4 1/2 year old. I know with younger males that when they reach puberty fights can start but what about older males?

If they are older, established, and are not going to be introduced to any other guinea pigs, what are the chances of a fight breaking out one day?

Just curious of people's experiences with this and if it's found to be the younger males that fight more often.
Thank you,

Lynn

Fay

Cavy Slave
Well seeing as you described how they get a long, I doubt any major fights will ever accure. Some little fights might accure now and then but thats normal. Sounds like they already established a dominance rank amongst themselves and as long as there are no pigs added this will most likely stay the same.

salana

Lethal Guru
Cavy Slave
They sound like a bonded pair. Just like any pair of humans who are very close to each other, bonded pairs of guinea pigs may have their arguments and their off days, but the chance of a complete falling out is very small.

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Oh good, that makes me happy. I hope they can remain together because it's wonderful to see them snuggling and enjoying each other's company.

Thank you for the information.

Lynn

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.