Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Nutrition Cavy Nutrition Chart Maker

guineapigs2luv

Cavy Slave
I am so impressed with your chart. it's going to be my Guinea Pig Bible! lol, food diet wise.

I read quite a bit of this forum and I remember reading that you were going to make a chart that had pictures of the actual vegetables. Have you completed that yet? If so, where can I get a copy of it at?

I have your written color coded list, but I think pictures will be a huge help for me considering I don't know what all these vegetables look like.

Sorry if this is a redundant question... and again I'm truly impressed with you work.

Also, another question, do I need to get a kitchen scale to measure everything to make sure I
have the right amounts per serving? If not, how do I determine? I just want to make sure I am doing this exactly right.

Thank You For Everything!

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Ly&Pigs isn't very active on the forum these days -- she has an actual job she's working at! There's been some talk about some of the rest of us working on the food charts, but no one's actually gotten around to it yet.

You want to aim for a cup of veggies per pig per day. I usually give that, plus a large lettuce leaf each, and split the lettuce serving into two parts. One of the staples in the diet needs to be lettuce (I recommend red or green leaf, in case your pig is one of those that produces sludgy urine on romaine), and another needs to be bell pepper (for the vitamin C). Other than that, it's pretty much up to what's in your fridge, or available at your store, or what they'll eat. Check out https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/diet-nutrition/24770-sample-veggie-menus.html for some good menus.

guineapigs2luv

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the clarification.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.