Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cavy Fun

Eventrocker33

Cavy Slave
Does anyone know of household items that pigs love to have fun with? I saw the toys page but I just wanted to know if there were any others.

My girls love to play in paper bags, especially the ones that have more rigid sides. They also adore homemade tents made from my afghans tossed over the edge of a chair and ottoman. I frequently find them asleep under there!

Just a simple towel will keep my girls occupied for hours.

Hmm maybe I will give them a paper bag.

A tennis ball. Also a box like a cereal box bromers loves it.

Every now and then I'll buy aspen shavings in the BIG paper bags, and when the bedding is used up I will put the bag on the floor and my pigs will play in it for hours! They also love playing in towels.

What do you do with a towel? Fold it up and let them take it apart, put in on the floor in a lump, what? TELL ME! TELL ME NOW!!! LOL

My young 'un is currently burying underneath the fleece in the cage as I haven't yet put all the accessories back in. She's having a ball. Bracken, on the other hand, can't seem to figure out why the floor is moving.

Denise, you just drop the towel in the cage/floor. They get interested in it, bury themselves in it, and have a blast.

Thanks Queen!

Once, I took my cousin's barbie mansion (I mean this thing was huge) and the piggys ran up and down the steps and played in it for hours. I had to give it back to her but the loved it! Another thing I did once was built a mansion out of cardboard boxes with no roof. The LOVED it. Be creative. It doesn't have to be something ordinary (Well as long as it's safe!)

How long does it take to make a cardboard mansion? I've wanted to for the longest time.. But it'd take SO much time and I don't know if it would be stable.

I take a half sheet of newspaper and crumple it up into a ball and toss it in the cage, the pigs love pushing it around and tearing it up to eat. It's even more fun if you put a grape or some other kind of fruit or veggie inside of it.

With the cardboard mansion, It is pretty time consuming because you have to put multi. layers of card board for it to be stable.

I made a cardboard mansion. You don't need to double the cardboard if you have toilet paper roll pillars.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.