Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vision Cavy Color VS Eye Sight

CinnandMegsMom

Cavy Slave
My newest girl is mostly white with some grey on her head. Her eyes are red but not red if that make sense. I've had her for weeks and she is still extremely skittish. When I pick her up she squeels and when the others wheeks, she wheeks the loudest.

When I put fresh food out the other two are right there and Sugar (the white one) is sniffing the air. She is always the last to get to the plate. I think her eye sight is not all there.

Is there a way I can test her?

I don't know that either pig color or eye color has anything to do with how well they see. That eye color is sometimes called ruby, but ruby-eyed pigs generally see just as well as others do.

But she may have worse eyesight than some other pigs for some reason other than eye color. I don't know how you'd test for that. Does she run into things?

My jasper has red eyes-- only if you can see it "Gleam" in the sunlight. He is perfectly fine. So... its rather the damage it may have that only a vet might be able to see, or a sickness. I have never seen fur color really deep into this besides letal whites or ablinos. Healthy eyes reflect red ( In our piggies cases), quoting the Guinea lynx website :)

So... its rather the damage it may have that only a vet might be able to see, or a sickness.

Thank you Never. Vet has already seen her. Well Pet Check is the first thing I do when adopting a new animal. Vet said she is unique and healthy.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.