Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

cavy chewing on cube grids

cavyskip

Cavy Slave
My cavy loves to chew the paint off the wire grids of a playpen I made. She did it a couple of times and actually ate small chips of paint. Despite other items to chew, she loves to bite the grid. I am concerned about the toxicity of the paint. Any experience with this? thanks

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

cavyskip

Cavy Slave
cavylover said:
im sure its fine because my hamsters always chew on the painted bars stripping them to metal and their good n healthy.
thanks for the info cavylover

Treen

Cavy Slave
It's actually not too good at all for them to be eating paint - especially if you don't know what's in the paint. I'd try and find out the reason he's chewing the bars and work on that. Have a look at this page https://www.cavyspirit.com/biting.htm - the column on the right deals with reasons they may chew on bars and how you might stop them doing it. Good luck!

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
You can also try stripping off most or all of the paint. I know this doesn't sound fun, but if your cavy can chew it off it shouldn't bee too hard to get off with a plastic knife or something. Hope this helps! =)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.