Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grooming Cavy bathing/grooming?

sarahdarby17

Cavy Slave
I only use spray on shampoo right now. What should my weekley regimen be? I'm scared to clip their nails so right now they get them clipped at the vet. I have to young boars, should I be doing anything regularly? Thankyou! And what is your weekley grooming schedule? Thanks!

I only clip nails about twice a month. You don't need to do a full bath very often at all. Some say only a few times per year. Their grease gland may need to be cleaned more regularly. Mine seem to need cleaning out once a month.

This has a lot of information on grooming: https://www.guinealynx.info/grooming.html

I really recommend the coconut oil for the grease gland. As soon as I start rubbing into the waxy deposits I can feel it breaking down. I then finish off with Gorgeous Guineas shampoo.

I have two boars and my weekly routine is to wash their grease gland, clean their perineal sac, and clean their ears. They are longhaired so I comb their hair daily, I also clip their nails every two weeks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.