Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Frustrated Cavies are pulling up and burrowing under fleece!

deardulcie

Cavy Slave
That's what I was going to say! I used bulldog clips on the colorplast corners.:eek:hmy:

Ithilgil

Cavy Slave
[MENTION=24689]Pigaletto[/MENTION] Nope. It isn't. But's the fleece is long enough for me to clip it to the grid walls, making a short fleece wall. After all, grids have holes in them. So I don't really need to pull it completely over the grids.

Ithilgil

Cavy Slave
Okay, I've bind clipped the fleece to the grid wall, with only 1-3 inches of space between each bind clip, depending on the location. And I've also gave them a slilghty smaller piece of fleece (the black one I had used before) for them to burrow under as they wish in hopes of distracting them from burrowing under the fleece bedding.

I'm going to observe them for a few days. If they (i.e. Rhode) don't make an attempt to burrow under the fleece bedding, I'll go "Hooray!" If they do, well.... I've gotta get a larger piece of fleece asap. Or see if anyone have a sewing machine I could use.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.