Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cat Advice

melynda

Cavy Slave
I fostered two kittens last summer and did, indeed, get very attached. fortunately I am friends with the woman who adopted them, so I now have visitation rights. Also, I see all her posts on Facebook.
I miss them, but they have a great home!

Princess_Piggie

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
@sallyvh Felix is gorgeous! He looks a bit like Kayla (one of the shelter cats). I wouldn't mind becoming a foster failure somewhere down the line, but as long as a cat gets a home, that's all that matters. :)

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
Thank you mama that is what I was trying to tell hubby but he doesn't like the idea getting attached then letting go. I feel if I foster I can help more. Ideally I would like to help with almost any animal they need help with. In my first comment I was saying we have so many shelters and rescues around us how to pick for a life long friend?

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
@sallyvh so if have cats already they let you foster another cat? or are they all different?

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
@piggi_zone all rescues are different but they should let you foster if you have cats as long as your cats are spayed or neutered and up to date on vaccines! We have always had a couple of our own cats while fostering.

In my older post about deciding not to keep kittens so we could keep fostering has to do with a bylaw in my area regarding pet limits. In that situation We already had 2 of our own cats and a dog so if we adopted 2 kittens it put us at our limit of 5 total. Legally my SPCA can't let you foster if you are already at the pet limit. So we decided that we would keep fostering instead and the kittens went to new forever homes!

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
The interesting law never heard of that one but it might help with pet responsibility. Does it help the bylaw?

piggi_zone

Cavy Slave
Thank you very much for the info I have watched in the past a couple episodes with cat guy. And in the future after I get my awesome house. I found some awesome things a kitty would like on etsy. Like a bridge for between doorways, and a Mario bro. themed cat shelf and similated pipe the shelf would awesome décor and be nice for the kitty too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.