Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Won't Eat Carliee not Eating

Crystalkate

Cavy Slave
I took in Carliee about a week ago now, and she doesn't eat any of her pellets. I bought the Oxbow first, and she wouldn't eat it. Yesterday I bought Mazuri, and she hasn't eaten any of that either :( All she seems to want to eat is her Timothy Hay. I haven't put any in since yesterday morning hoping that she would get hungry and eat, but that's not the case. What should I do? I am getting worried.

The pellets are the least important for her to eat. Make sure she has all the timothy hay she wants and 1 cup of fresh veggies a day. There is a chart on here just search diet that shows which veggies are best to give and how often.

I was just informed that she was never even fed pellets. Her previous owner said all she ate was; hay, carrots, lettuce, and green pepper. That is definitely not a good enough variety.

Are you feeding a wider variety of veggies?

The best things to start her on are green and red leaf lettuce, cilantro, squash and green bell peppers.

I guess it just worried me because my previous pigs ate their pellets like there was no tomorrow. Just shows each pig is an individual! :D

They definitely have their preferences like you have seen. The biggest benefit of pellets is the fortified vitamin C. Make sure to provide her with veggies high in vitamin C (Green BP and cilantro, especially) so that she gets all of the vitamin C she needs. Otherwise, you might look into supplementing with vitamin C tablets.

Green bell pepper is definitely her favorite! Would it be safe to feed the pepper to her everyday on top of other mix of veggies?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.