Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cleaning Carefresh

just8be8free

Cavy Slave
I use shredded paper for my cage now; I'm not very happy with it because it's not very absorbent and sticks to the cage [emoji17] So I've decided to switch to Carefresh. Carefresh is really expensive in Australia. I have a 100 by 53 (cm) cage, yes I know it's too small but after I get my NAPLAN test results I'm going to persuade my parents to let me get a C&C (I'm getting the results in around August or September), and I was wondering how many times I can use a 60L bag of Carefresh in the cage. Thank you and please don't tell me off for the cage. My parents love the piggies but they are influenced by family friends and the place we got them from. But I WILL persuade them soon.

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
Probably about 3 times, maybe 4. My cage is 70x28 inches (178x71 cm) and takes 3/4 bag each time. It does get really expensive, so if you get a bigger cage I would recommend trying fleece bedding. Or, try wood pellets like many of the members of this forum. They are really heavy but apparently are great at odor control.

just8be8free

Cavy Slave
Probably about 3 times, maybe 4. My cage is 70x28 inches (178x71 cm) and takes 3/4 bag each time. It does get really expensive, so if you get a bigger cage I would recommend trying fleece bedding. Or, try wood pellets like many of the members of this forum. They are really heavy but apparently are great at odor control.

Yes I am planning on buying it after I get a bigger cage; it doesn't work on my cage because it's too small. But fleece is hard to find so I have to order it );

condots

Cavy Slave
if it's expensive maybe you could try putting newspaper on the bottom and then cover it with wood shavings. when i have to clean i just roll up the newspaper, and whatever shavings are left i can dump out. it smells good as my cage did not stink until day 8 or 9 (at first i could not even tell if my guinea pig was peeing or not), plus the newspaper helps absorb urine.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.