Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General CareFRESH FreshSorb Natural Small Pet Bedding and Litter

cynpz

Cavy Slave
Has anybody ever heard of or used CareFRESH FreshSorb Natural Small Pet Bedding and Litter? i was looking up more bedding options and came across this on petfooddirect.com and it seemed pretty good to try it! what do you know or think about it? thanks! :)

heres the link:
(broken link removed)

I use the regular carefresh

I like that it says dust free. I almost tried regular Carefresh until I started scooping it out. A billow of dust followed.

i use the generic carefresh from walmart, but was wondering how this may be. MissJean, what do you use?

I use Carefresh Natural for my girls. I never actually saw any dust, and I think it's pretty good -- even the regular kind is plenty absorbent and soft without being pillowy.

How about CareFresh pellets?

(broken link removed)

I use a carefresh pellets as well they do good with gidget but where I get them arent selling anymore so I have to switch foods.

so you use pellets as bedding /litter?

or are you talking about their actual food? that they're eating? :/

Last edited:
No, sorry, I'm talking about food pellets to eat. I was wondering if I could get an opinion on CareFresh timothy pellets since the thread was already about CareFresh bedding.
Didn't mean to hijack your thread. My apologies!

No, sorry, I'm talking about food pellets to eat. I was wondering if I could get an opinion on CareFresh timothy pellets since the thread was already about CareFresh bedding.

No problem! I was just confused! :p everyone talks very highly of Oxbow pellets! They all convinced me to get them as well! Search for a thread I posted called "carrots." it has a lot of info about food and choosing, as well as the top rated foods that others shared! :)

Last edited:
i use the generic carefresh from walmart, but was wondering how this may be. MissJean, what do you use?

I use fleece. The Carefresh I *almost* tried was Carefresh naturals.

I'm trying out fleece too, but unsure of how to keep it clean and all? I'm using the bedding in the kitchen area (which I'm also unsure about) Id love to know the basics (or everything!!) about using fleece . I shall search for a thread now!! ;)

No, this is not a good brand to feed your piggies. See the colored bits and seeds? They are not only a chocking hazard but also very fattening for your guinea pig. They need a plain pellet without any seeds or colored bits added in.

The best pellets you can give your guinea pig can be found online at (broken link removed) They have the best pellets for your guinea pigs but you can only find them online.

The next best brand is Oxbow which you can find at many local petstores (When I got Oxbow I used to get it at a petstore that doesn't sell any animals). For guinea pigs 6 months and younger you will want to get the Oxbow Cavy Performance for Young Guinea Pigs. And then if your guinea pigs are over 6 months old then you want to get Oxbow Cavy Cuisine for Adult Guinea pigs.

Mostly all other pellets aren't good for your guinea pigs so avoid them.

I've been using Carefresh for about three months now and I love it. I really hate being able to smell my ladies' business so in terms of odour protection, it's the best thing I've found. The main downside is the price. In Aus it's $24 for 30L, and when you have a 2x4 c&c that translates to $24/week. But seriously, other than price it is the best thing I've used so far. I've tried all kinds of things and my girls seem happiest to snooze around on Carefresh.

No, this is not a good brand to feed your piggies. See the colored bits and seeds? They are not only a chocking hazard but also very fattening for your guinea pig. They need a plain pellet without any seeds or colored bits added in.

Ahh, thank you. I could not/did not see the picture of the seeded feed on the bag. I just saw CareFresh and pellets. Thank you for the information. I was not really planning on buying it, just wondering of it's quality since everyone thinks so highly of their bedding.

Ahh, thank you. I could not/did not see the picture of the seeded feed on the bag. I just saw CareFresh and pellets. Thank you for the information. I was not really planning on buying it, just wondering of it's quality since everyone thinks so highly of their bedding.
The kind I have doesnt have colored pieces or seeds just pellets and pea and carrot in it. it has pieces but they arent colored gidgets loves it. its carefresh brand

The best pellets you can give your guinea pig can be found online at (broken link removed) They have the best pellets for your guinea pigs but you can only find them online.

The next best brand is Oxbow which you can find at many local petstores (When I got Oxbow I used to get it at a petstore that doesn't sell any animals). For guinea pigs 6 months and younger you will want to get the Oxbow Cavy Performance for Young Guinea Pigs. And then if your guinea pigs are over 6 months old then you want to get Oxbow Cavy Cuisine for Adult Guinea pigs.

Mostly all other pellets aren't good for your guinea pigs so avoid them.

CareFRESH Complete Guinea Pig Food is a high fiber, low-protein food for guinea pigs, that also has a moderate amount of calcium. Each pellet in this nutritious food for guinea pigs is also fortified with vitamin C, a nutrient these pets can't create on their own. You will be happy to know that this one-of-a-kind CareFRESH Complete food is never made with artificial colors, fillers, or animal by-products, just wholesome ingredients like Timothy hay, orchard grass, brome grass and alfalfa. Supplemented with powerful antioxidants, amino acids, and other nutrients that are vital for a healthy guinea pig, CareFRESH Complete Guinea Pig Food is the perfect food for the healthy growth of your cuddly cutie.

[h=3]Benefits:[/h]CareFRESH Complete Guinea Pig Food Features and Benefits:

• No artificial colors
  • No fillers
  • No animal by-products
  • Stabilized Vitamin C essential for the health of guinea pigs
  • Amino acids for healthy growth and development
  • Anise to support your pet's immune system
  • Vitamins and trace minerals help support increased biological activity

I don't read anything but the ingredient list on food, guinea and human food alike. They pay people to come up with persuasive texts to get people to purchase them. A lot of people with psychology degrees get employed with advertising.

If the food isn't recommended by the "top dogs" here, I'm not buying it. =)

As for the fleece @cynpz, it's not for everyone, but it sure does save me loads of money. Hope you find something that works for you!

Boofp, you don't want food with dried peas and carrots. You only want regular pellets.

I never give her the pieces of carrots and peas in there i was simply pointing out that was the colored pieces you see in the food. I know its not the best but its alot better than most pet store foods. It may not be the best food but as I said where I bought it is out of it and not selling it anymore so I will be switching.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.