Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing cardboard rolls

ckidder

Cavy Slave
Is it ok for piggies to chew on the cardboard rolls that come from paper towels and toilet paper?

(no perfumes on the rolls either)

if not what else can i use?

Yep, they can chew them. :)

As long as no remnants of glue are left behind on the tp rolls and paper towel rolls, it's perfectly fine for them to chew on the tubes. Some people alternately stuff the tp tubes with hay which can be fun for the pig as well.

By "what else" Im not sure if you are looking for alternates for things they can chew on or for toys they can play with but they can toss around crumpled strips of paper, they like to hide in paper (not plastic!) bags, fridge pack boxes from pop are also good for tunnels ( just open both ends and make the handle slot bigger).

Good. I never thought of the cardboard boxes from pop and stuff. that's a good idea.

yes i was just looking for other stuff for them to be able to chew on if cardboard wasn't good for them. But this is good. I will start saving the rolls and stuff for them.

Thanks

Do you have a chube for them? The large cardboard tube? It's great for a few reasons - they can chew on it safely and they love running through it.

no I don't. Where can I find one of those?

Amazon sells them or any petstore (preferably those that don't sell live animals)

(broken link removed)

ok. Thanks. I will get to ordering this for them.

Thanks

Poppy has one and loves it! But I do use TP rolls for his hay and treats.

ok. Thanks. I will get to ordering this for them.

Thanks

Just make sure you take that yellow stuffing out. The pigs won't use it for nesting, they will likely chew on it and can choke if any is swollowed.

Ok I will. I was reading that it can't be eaten. But I have 2 hamsters that I think will live that stuff.

My Piggies will love the card board.

Thanks again for recommending this.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.