Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Can't get fleece to 'wick'?

Llamasomething

Cavy Slave
I've been using fleece for the past two years with my piggies with no issues. I found a fleece blanket the other day that I thought would be cute for their cage, especially since I've been using the same 2 fleece blankets in their cage for the whole two years.

there was no tag on the fleece so I don't know if it's the right kind, but it was the exact same size and shape as the ones I've used previously, feels the same, and even had the same stitching around the edges. The only problem is, I've washed it 5+ times and it still will NOT wick through any moisture. The water sits beaded on top no matter how long I leave it there, and if I try to work it through with my fingers it will absorb into the fleece, but no matter how long I work it in it will not even come out the other side of the fleece, the underside will always be completely dry while there's a wet spot on top.

Is it just the wrong kind of fleece masquerading as a nice one or is there maybe a trick I could use to try to encourage it to wick through?

The last cycle I did I washed it with about a cup of vinegar instead of detergent, it didn't help. I was so excited to get them some new fleece too :(

I think it *has* to be polyester. I've seen fleece made from cotton which I don't think works.

Maybe you can repurpose the cute fleece! You could make a fleece forest easily from it. =)

Yeah I was thinking of just using it to cover their tunnels with and making cute tents from it instead if I can't get it to work.

It's weird because it looks and feels EXACTLY like the other blankets I use, like it looks like the same blanket just dyed a different colour, so I was so sure it would be the right one ):

At least I only paid $2.50 for it!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.