Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Can guinea pigs eat there food to fast?

guineapigs2468

Cavy Slave
Hi this is just a quick question. One of my guinea pigs I have 5 and I think only one of them does this but when she is eating or drinking she will suddenly make this weird noise. It worried me at first because I thought she was choking but the noise stopped and she carried on eating/drinking, I was going to take her to the vet but she she seems healthy and not showing any other signs of illness. I can't really describe the sound was she just eating to fast. Thanks in advance.

I have heard one of my pigs making the noise I think you are talking about. It was after he drank water and I think he swallowed wrong cause it was like a cough/ choking noise. It was only once or twice and he was fine and continued eating and drinking normally. No other symptoms like you said. It's only happened that one time so I dunno. But I think that's what your talking about. I'm curious to know what that was as well.

It does sound like what you are describing and I haven't heard it a lot since either, so I am not sure because I haven't noticed any other symptons.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.