Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General cages

IluvBUTTERS

Cavy Slave
i have 1 guinea pig and since the to weeks i've had him i've pretty much figured out he likes exploring and i wnated to get him a new place to live in instead of his small little cage.i was looking on petsmart.com and i found a pretty big cage with no top but pretty high up and i was thinking about it and i was just wondering wat u guys thought of it . it is bigger than the one i havejavascript:theForm.showEnhanced('12073828');

If you build him a C&C, it will be much cheaper and larger than any cage you could find at petsmart.

it is 8 sq. feet. But you can easily build one for cheaper. Also it has a canvas base. Which means when urine gets through it will smell bad. No many how many times you wash it, it will stink.

They do make a lid for that cage, and it is an acceptable size for a pig. It's one of the few pet store cages that is an acceptable size. See the lid (broken link removed)
Also it has a canvas base. Which means when urine gets through it will smell bad. No many how many times you wash it, it will stink.
It's a PVC lined canvas base, which means it's waterproof on one side of the canvas.

I actually bought that for my two pigs before I knew any better, found this site the day after I ordered it lol. It is not a bad cage and it is expandable. And no, urine will not penetrate the bottom and it is easy to clean. You can get it pretty cheap on amazon. Building a C&C may be cheaper, depends on how much you can get the materials for.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.