Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size Cage

piggy1321

Cavy Slave
Would a chinchilla type cage work for a guinea pig?

Probably not. All the chin cages I've seen are taller than they are wide/long, and have multiple shelves for the chins to jump around. Guinea pigs need big flat areas to run around in.

Most chin cages usually have a lot of places for them to jump on, and most guinea pigs do not enjoy climbing. A long, flat area for a piggy to run in is much better, and safer!

Chinchilla cages won't be safe for guinea pigs. Most of them have multiple levels and for piggies to fall off a level, they could break their backs.

ok, thank you. do you recommend and other cages i would like one bigger for my piggy to run around in. i have a guinea pig cage right now size large and it doesnt seem to b big enough.

yes, but i am only a teenager and i dont have that big of a room so i dont think a c&c cage would work well in my room. i have the cage right now on my dresser and i got the cage at my local pet store and i just want something a little bit bigger.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.