Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Cage sizing

gpihgos

Cavy Slave
Is this cage a good size for two fully grown sows? (Not my cage btw).

Attachments

IMG_5576.jpeg
A 2 by 3 C&C cage is 8 square feet, so it’s the bare minimum. Whoever’s cage this is, could take the loft out and use it as a base to make it a 2 by 4 C&C which is the preferred space for two girls. Keep in note that upper levels do not add to total square footage.

I have a single boar in a 2x3 and for me that is the bare minimum for ONE pig. I would not keep two in a cage that size. 2x4 would be a good starting point, but I would go as big as you can. A loft is not a necessity. They need unbroken floor space.

I have a single boar in a 2x3 and for me that is the bare minimum for ONE pig. I would not keep two in a cage that size. 2x4 would be a good starting point, but I would go as big as you can. A loft is not a necessity. They need unbroken floor space.
I know 2x4 is the minimum, I just thought that since it has two floors it might be ok. I was planning to make the bottom level 2x4 and keep the top one 2x3

I know 2x4 is the minimum, I just thought that since it has two floors it might be ok. I was planning to make the bottom level 2x4 and keep the top one 2x3
It would still only be 10.5 square feet since upper levels don’t contribute to total square footage. It sounds like a great idea though. 😁

I have a guinea pig cage that is exactly this is it to big?

Attachments

swanky-bachelor-theme.jpg