Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Remodel: Side door?

wheatgrasscavys

Cavy Slave
I have 2 cube/coroplast cages that I am thinking of remodeling to save space. What I want to do is put one on top of my 4x2, which already has an opening top to it. My only concern is, the 4x2 is split in half, so i wont be able to get to one cavy!:eek: Is there any way to make a opening door on the side of the cage? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

guineapigluver1

Cavy Slave
If you have zip ties, you could make a door using those, and a grid or two.

LucyJane

Cavy Slave
My top level opens from the side. If you want a one-grid door, just zip tie the grid to the top, but not to the bottom or grids next to it. If you want the door to be larger than one grid, zip tie them to eachother and to the top, but not to the bottom. My whole front side on the upper level opens. It's great for cleaning, too, as I can pull out the whole coroplast bottom and work on it outside of the cage. If you want the door to lower down, instead of lift up, just connect it to the bottom but not the top. Close the door with binder clips.

I hope this made some sort of sense!:crazy:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.