Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Stands Cage on Floor vs Stand

scarlettraven

Cavy Slave
Hello,

Right now our cage is a 2x4 C and C on the floor.
Trying to decide if it would be better on a stand (made out of cubes).

We have no other pets to worry about. Just wondering if the guinea pigs like it better to be higher up instead of floor level. Will it make them feel safer not to have us looming over them like giants?

I've always preferred to have my pigs up on a stand. Firstly because I suffer with backpain, so cleaning them out is always easier on a stand, as I don't have to kneel down and lean over so much. Also, if the pigs are on the floor, the vibrations through the floor of 'giant' humans walking around can spook some guineas. And like you said, if the cage is on a stand, we won't appear quite so menacing to them as they're staring up at us.

If you do decide to make your stand out of C&C cubes, there are some great ideas on here for turning the space underneath in to storage.

Having your C&C on a table also helps you out, by being comfortable when cage cleaning and pig handling.

I've heard it's also less scary for them, and keeps them from drafty floors. My pigs didn't seem to be less scared when I put them on a table,though.

I would love to have mine on a stand one day right now its on the floor. I really dont think they care either way.

I much prefer having them on a stand. Easier access, easier to clean, easier to store things (underneath). My first C&C cage was on a floor years ago and I hated it. I moved it to a stand the next day.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.