Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece cage ideas?

avengedsoph

Cavy Slave
my guinea are currently in cages, and even since reading up i never knew about c&c cages and such, i have 3 boys but 2 are in one cage and one is in another i am thinking about testing an idea out after christmas when i have money.
i have a large table in my back room i was thinking about buy the c&c cage side things (sorry i cant think of what there called) then use a shower curtain on the bottom then fleece on top of that?
will it be comfy for them if i use enough fleece?

Yes, that would work if you had a shower curtain under the grid walls. The only thing with not having coroplast walls is that poops and hay may get kicked out of the sides. You could always find a way to clip the shower curtain and fleece up the sides to make a wall. You will need to have something under the fleece, though, to absorb the moisture. You can use towels, mattress pads, puppy pads, etc.

I have 2 males and just switched to fleece today! I have a 2x4 C&C cage with coroplast bottom and then used puppy training pads and then fleece ontop. I am sure that will be comfy enough but just be sure to layer something between the shower curtain and fleece, liike towels, puppy pads, something to soak up the urine. :)

By "side things do you mean coroplast or grids? You don't need a shower curtain if you have coroplast, it's waterproof.

grids....i dont no how much coroplast is were i live

I bought a huge sheet of vinyl from Home Depot for about 22 dollars and you can cut it and take a lighter and barely heat up the corners to tack it together and use a tad bit of cauking for the holes it's easy to clean and can make it any size and can get the wire shelfing to make an enclosed cage or just a barrier

I couldn't find coroplast! I resorted to this and is amazing

I agree with ellisa you should try and have something around the sides so you piggies don't kick any droppings or hay out. Before I used piggy bedspreads I used puppy pads under my fleece and they work great for absorbancy. I also reccomend pooch pads which are washable puppy pads and work pretty well too. I didn't find them to be as absorbant as the disposable ones though so you may have to change them a bit more often, they do save money though because you don't have to buy them all the time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.