Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage grids=Accessories?

Zfuzz

Cavy Slave
So I just went on a mad grid bending spree, and i'm wondering if they are good replacements for things like hayracks and hidey houses.

Hidey house: A grid bent into a V, placed point-side-up, and covered up in an old shirt.

Hay Rack: Bent into a U, and attached to the walls with zip ties.

Would these work without being problematic? Would the piggies prefer a store-bought pigloo, or do they just want any place to hide?

PrincessAngel

Cavy Slave
Those ideas work fine. You could also cover the hideyhouse one with a bookcover.My pigs have a homemade hidey house and a pigloo.They like both as long as they have a place to hide and sleep.I find it funny thoguh that my 2 girls that bug each toher to death have their hidey huts facing each other.Their homemade one is over their hay pile so its a hay area/hideyhouse.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I have bent grids that I use for hideys. I clip fleece over them. I have a hanging under the shelf basket that I use for a hayrack but a bent grid would work well too.

JarBax

Cavy Slave
I think they make excellent replacements - they are so much cheaper if you have some leftover from cage-building!

Have a look in the galleries where there are lots of different hayracks/tunnels/half-levels/bunkbeds etc made from grids - bent or not!

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I have never made a grid hidey but I have a grid hayrack and I love it! The hay is east to fill easy for the pigs to get out, its jsut great. Be careful that your piggies dont climb in to it though.

socal805

Cavy Slave
The only problem with the grid bent and used as a hay rack is that they can climb into it. My Cinnamon was doing that do I took it out of the cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.