Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Cage doors with grids?!

• Thread starter CallieLovesPigs
  • Start date

CallieLovesPigs

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Hi!
So...On my rabbit cage I have to remove 2 grids to let her out.
I want to find a way to keep the grids straight, because if I just zip-tie them together, obviously they flop over each other.
Is there a kind of support bar I could get?
Also..Is there a kind of hinge and latch so I could swing the door open and close?
I am looking for something at Home Depot or just at a generic Hardware Store?
Thanks!

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I had to put a lid on my rabbit cage when I rescued Lola. I just made two rows of grids. The back row was all zip tied on, the front row was also zip tied except for the two middle ones. I use those big binder clips to clip to back, sides and front, so when I went to go get her out, I would just unclip and reach in.
Here was my problem. To make her cage comfy for her when she was in at night, it was two panels high so she could jump around, Im short! The first time I reached in to get her, I fell in!!!! hahahahahaha
Only did that once, but worked SUPER SUPER well. It was a 2x4 double high cage so if she got in the corner I couldn't get her either, but being C&C I could just lift the corner and she was a house rabbit and was excited to come out and would just hop on out if I couldn't get from top.
Good luck!!!!

Attachments

CAM00041.jpg

CallieLovesPigs

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
@daisy1cow Ha! My cage is 3 grids high, so I think I will try the binder clips. At night I add a 2x3 add on so that she can hop around a little without being in my room. Thanks for your help!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.