Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Cage design Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ally112087

Cavy Slave
I am in the process of building my first C&C cage. I have the cubes but my coroplast truck got a flat tire so I wont be able to get that until tomorrow. I am starting to put together the cubes in the design that I thought I wanted and now I am not sure. I will try and attach pictures but it is kind of hard to see.
bottom floor: 3X6
second floor: U shape...2X3, walkway of 1X3, and then 1X3 on other end
Top floor: 1X3

Can anyone give me some ideas Cage design Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cage design Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cage design Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is why I need help...maybe a new design or something. I am not sure...The back corner I would not be able to reach unless I got in the cage

I like to keep my cages simple, I find it much easier to deal with cleaning that way. I could probably think up some ideas but how many pigs will you be housing? Or rather, how much space are you aiming for? a 3 grid wide cage will only be easy to clean if it has no levels and is on the floor lol otherwise the corners will be too much work to reach.

I only have 2 little baby girls....Yeah I changed it to be 2X6 on bottom....we will see how the rest comes together

I only have 2 little baby girls....Yeah I changed it to be 2X6 on bottom....we will see how the rest comes together

I think they'll love it and it'll be easy to clean and for you to reach in and pick them up. I had a second level I took off. Mine hid under it and it was a pain to clean.

a 2x6 and a smaller loft would be cool. They will tend to do most of their pooing and peeing under the lofts, so you have to be sure you can reach everywhere with no problems.
I have a 2x5 with a 2x2 loft. But the loft overhangs half inside and half outside the cage, so there is only 1x2 grids to reach under for cleaning. I love it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.