Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Bitting

Lash/tbslave

Cavy Slave
Ok...Lasher is 1 1/2 years old and for little under 1 year all he has been doing is bitting his cage. At first I thought he might need hay, water, or food but after I made sure it was all fresh and full he keeps bitting on it. I tried some harsh tasting spray but he quickly grew immune to it. And every since I brought Teddy Bear home he is been bitting and wheeking more often. Teddy Bear has been getting better so I believe that it was just fighting marks on him. Should I spilt the 2x4 grid C&C cage in half and let them both use it? I'm not quite ready for them to completely share a cage but I don't know what else to do? Someone please help. I'm fixing to start college and maybe a job and I need my sleep at night but Lasher just wont let me.

Laken, Lasher, and Teddy Bear

Has Lasher got plenty of toys in his cage? If he has, try doing something different with them, like giving him a new layout. and spread his veggies around a bit - make him work a bit to find out where his veggies are hidden. How long does he get floor time for each day?

Lasher can probably smell Teddy Bear, which is why he has been biting the cage more. What introduction techniques did you try? Try introducing them again using the information at (broken link removed)

Remember, only separate if blood is drawn.

My Shaggy was always biting the cage. After I put in a toilet paper spool filled with hay, his cage biting was cut down by 3/4ths. Next I will put a paper bag with hay. I'll just keep putting new "toys" in there to keep his mind off the cage. Maybe that will work for you too.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.