Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grids C&C Cages in Australia PLEASE HELP!

skazzah

Cavy Slave
Hi guys,

I am currently looking at building a C&C Cage for my boys, however am unable to find the grids anywhere in Brisbane Australia!
I've looked just about anywhere I can think of, cheap shops, crazy clarks, hardware shops, even Bunnings didn't sell them!!

I found some on eBay, but they're outrageously expensive, and can order them in from the US, but once again that's way to expensive.. I was looking into C&C because it was meant to be cheap.. Sigh.. I've already spent over $200.00 on their cage, but it needs extending.

Does anyone know where I can buy these from for a reasonable price, even an online store within australia will be fine. I need these as soon as possible..

THANKS! :)

Try contacting the Australian Cavy Sanctuary in QLD, they sometimes have grids for sale or can help you locate a Bunnings that does have them. (Normally they are on end-caps, with no sign and most of the employees have no idea what you are talking about when you ask for them).

I got my 'grids' from soldsmart.com.au they are made of mainly cloth instead of the normal wire but it seems to be doing the trick for me. Type in the search bar 'Oxford' or 'shelve' and it might come up. Also I suggest you get some cable ties because the connectors that they give you are hard to get on. If you're tight on money, I suggest you get the green 9 cube one because it's strangely free delivery for me so it only costs $20. :)

I got my 'grids' from soldsmart.com.au they are made of mainly cloth instead of the normal wire but it seems to be doing the trick for me. Type in the search bar 'Oxford' or 'shelve' and it might come up. Also I suggest you get some cable ties because the connectors that they give you are hard to get on. oh the dimensions for each grid are 20x30m but I think you'll still have enough for a 2x5. If you're tight on money, I suggest you get the green 9 cube one because it's strangely free delivery for me so it only costs $20. :)

I've sent an email through to the Australian Cavy Sanctuary in QLD, hopefully they'll be able to give me some pointer's soon.
Thank you so much Fuzzywuzzy! Cloth would be fine as the boys already have a cage big enough for walking around and sleeping in, but I wanted to extend so they can have a walk around my lounge room when they want without me hovering over them making sure they don't get through a door or hide under furniture, but wasn't looking forward to paying around 50 dollars for 4 boxes!!

:D

Also, if I decide to put corflute down on the floor, will printed be ok if I use the unprinted side face up?
My mother owns a graphic design and printing company, so I should be able to get offprints, not only that my step father ran in the last election, so I have plenty of old election signs I can have for free! :)

Unprinted side face up will be fine if you covered it with something. In my C&C cage, I bought a waterproof mattress protector and fleece & sewed them together. Then i placed it over the corflute so basically my corflute will always stay dry...& plus i wanted my piggies a soft walking area.

& regarding the cages....3 weeks ago, I went to 2 different bunnings and they had nothing. On my 3rd attempt at another bunnings, they had it but it was very hard to find. When i asked the ppl who worked there, they didnt even know what i was talking about. At the end, I found it in the bathroom section. All im saying is....keep looking. Not all bunnings stock them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.