Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General C&C Cages and Size?

lipo2006

Cavy Slave
Hello, I'm brand new here, but may be spending time here a lot in the future.

I'm looking at adopting two guinea pigs and am looking at putting together a C&C cage in preparation for them. I know that the 4x2 version is recommended. What about changing the dimensions to 3x3? Do they need the longer length or is it enough to have about the same space?

I'm just looking at my place and not seeing a 5 foot object fitting in anywhere in particular. But a little shorter but less narrow might be easier..

hi, i have a 3x3, and i think it's perfect for two.

I think 2x4 is recommended for piggie laps, but 3x3 offers a lot of area and should be good for two pigs. Good luck!

A 3x3 provides a little more space than a 2x4 so it will be good for 2 pigs.

No offense, but mathematically a 3x3 is the same "space" as a 2x4...am I missing something there?

It's not the same. 2x4 = 8, 3x3 = 9. So a 3x3 have one more square grid.

To go into more details, if you calculate for each grid without the connectors. One grid is 14 inches.
2x4 grids = 28 inches x 56 inches = 1,568 square inches = 10.89 square feet
3x3 grids = 42 inches x 42 inches = 1,764 square inches = 12.25 square feet

That's right. I know it's more space. I was just concerned about the length, since I went to the wall and measured almost five feet and wasn't sure if that would work. But a little shorter in length and adding a bit in width seems more reasonable, even if it's actually a bit bigger.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.