Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Upper Levels c&c cage options.

geo13

Cavy Slave
Currentlyi have a 2x4 cage with a 2x2 loft. I'm going to be buying some more coroplast Very soon, but i'm not yet decided on how to expand the cage. I see many L shaped cages that look like lots of fun for piggies but i'm a little worried to try it since my piggies are used to a second level (I have 3 boys). Not to mention i'm a little worried that by taking the second floor off I'll be taking away a little exercise(i could so be wrong about this but i figured i post all my worries to get definite answers).

do piggies enjoy extra floors or prefer single level?
my piggies already know that when i say yum yum its time to eat so they all run upstairs.
so will i be confusing them? or taking away some joy ? Has anyone ever changed from Loft style to one level? and have you seen a difference in your piggies?

Pigs much more enjoy running space than lofts, I don't think they would be sad to have it gone. For three boys, you are going to need at the very minimum to expand to a 2x5, a 2x4 with a loft isn't big enough, as lofts are more to add on a little entertainment, not to be counted as how big the cage is, since they can't do laps in a small loft. They are meant to be added only if you already have a base level that is big enough for the pigs.

Pigs much more enjoy running space than lofts, I don't think they would be sad to have it gone. For three boys, you are going to need at the very minimum to expand to a 2x5, a 2x4 with a loft isn't big enough, as lofts are more to add on a little entertainment, not to be counted as how big the cage is, since they can't do laps in a small loft. They are meant to be added only if you already have a base level that is big enough for the pigs.
thanks, that's why i ask cuz i just got my 3rd piggie about a month ago, and was waiting to pay bills so i can buy the extra supplies needed to expand.
i wanted to expand to a 3x5 , but then saw really nice L shape cages and thought maybe takin the loft off and expanding it more for a bigger & wider L would be better.
but then i thought they are so used to the Loft will i be taking away any joy since they are used to running up and down especially Lucky.

i have a question is there another way to support a second level instead of using grids

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.