Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C cage for my bunnies

Miley_&_Pickle

Cavy Slave
Tomarrow, my supplies for my first C&C cage are coming in. This cage will be 4 grids long, 2 grids wide, and 2 grids high. I will be using a total of 180 cable ties, and approximatly 15 connectors. The cage is a little over the minimal space needed, and will eventually be expanded higher. This is all I can afford at the moment, and I was shocked at how small store bought cages were. There will be a second level made of untreated plywood. Is there anything that I should keep in mind when building this cage stability wise? Do you think my supplies will carry me far enough to make the cage extremely stable? Im so excited to finally make my 2 bunnies happy, and get them out of their little bitty cage.

Bunnyluva09

Cavy Slave
Make sure you cut wooden dowels to fit throught the top on inch square to support it. When you expand it, it will look like mine. Mine is 4 grids long, 2 grids wide, and 4 grids tall. Yah it is a pretty big cage. I have 2 rabbits, a dutch and a mini lop, they are both babies, but I spoil them to death!!