Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Buying my first CC cage!

Daisy51005

Cavy Slave
I got my first piggy this week, and I am buying a cc cage. I would like a top and I am getting a 2x3. As for making the lid, do i need to buy any extra grids and connectors. if so what do you reccomend? thanks for all your help! Any other pointers would be great!

*Piglets-Angel*

Cavy Slave
Hi, congrats on getting a guinea pig! You should get your piggie a friend as guinea pigs are Very social animals and are much happier with a friend, so you should get a 2x4 C&C cage. And also you should get your pig a friend from a shelter or rescue. Make sure to have unlimeted pellets and timothy hay and plenty of vegtables!

Daisy51005

Cavy Slave
I don't have room right now, for a 2x4 and the local shelters have no guinea pigs. I would have to drive pretty far to another.

CCcages

Cavy Slave
Daisy, use Closet Maid shelving (16" linen-style) that you can get at Home Depot. Have them cut two lengths for you at 46" each. Attach one length to the cage as a fixed piece, and the other attach with cable ties as a "hinged" piece to the first fixed piece. Also get the little end caps you put on the cut edges for safety.

Where do you live?

Daisy51005

Cavy Slave
Indiana is where I live CC

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.