Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Buying Joann fleece in store, or online?

wombats

Cavy Slave
There is a big joann fleece sale going on this week--blizzard fleece is $3.50 when its normally $10 and there is an ADORABLE dinosaur print I've had my eyes on for a while...but I read a lot of the reviews on the joann website and read some nasty things about faulty (dirty, small, ripped, etc.) fleece purchased online. Has anyone else had any troubles ordering online? There are several stores about 45-60 minutes away from us but we haven't had a chance to go and I don't want to miss this sale. But should I wait and risk missing the sale to try and find time to go in store, or is it better to just order online?

wombats

Cavy Slave
Good to know! I just wanted to make sure I wouldn't waste my money if I buy online.
:) I'm going to make a nice set (cozies, hides, liners) of yellow-and-gray spot fleece and a funky red-yellow dinosaur fleece for my new C&C cage. This is a really good opportunity for me to bust out the sewing machine and keep busy this summer, so I'm very excited about it all.

megakamattsmom

Cavy Slave
Like u Joanns is a 2 hour round trip. So I order online. My only issue is the wait time for delivery. Sometimes u get extra fabric as well ( end of bolt).

PandaPiggle

Cavy Slave
I just ordered online late last night, because I use anti-pill fleece and their 60% off sale on that was ending yesterday, but I'd never heard of bad things with online ordering of fabric, so now I'm antsy for it to get here so I can be sure it's okay. This fleece should be nice because it's for my first attempts at making cuddle cups and tunnels :)

megakamattsmom

Cavy Slave
As I said u had no issues. Pls share your tunnel pattern

PandaPiggle

Cavy Slave
Well I don't know about issues, because the fleece isn't here yet, but I can't wait for it to arrive! And as for the tunnel pattern, I'm going to try modifying this just a little (http://www.spikeskleinewelt.de/Kuschelrolle.html) because I'm not interested in a reversible tunnel and I think the rolling on the ends will help them be more stable without boning or wires. I don't really speak German, but there are lots of pictures and if I'm successful I'd be happy to rewrite it in English, if people are interested.

pigger123

Cavy Slave
I have a Joann store 5 minutes from my house (which is very lucky since I have to go there all the time to get stuff for my Etsy shop), so I don't order online unless there's a specific fleece that they don't have in the store. All the fleece I've gotten has been great quality regardless of how I buy it.

megakamattsmom

Cavy Slave
Add me to that list!

PandaPiggle

Cavy Slave
Okay I will make sure it works and then do a step-by-step in English with approximated English units! It just might take a week or two because I still have to wait for the fleece to arrive... unless there are cute scraps in the scrap pile... now I'm excited to do this!

Easefirst

Cavy Slave
I love their tip too at the end of reusing old jeans leg with ends rolled up as a tunnel.

megakamattsmom

Cavy Slave

PandaPiggle

Cavy Slave
If you follow the link to the German tunnel pattern, it's all the way at the bottom after all the sewing pictures

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.