Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

burny the hamster!

lucas

Cavy Slave
hey everyone!

my teacher let me bring home her dwarf hamster for the weekend to show my parents I'm responsible for a guinea pig! were going to have lots of fun so lets have pictures :D

I know its bad picture of him but was hard to make him stand on the fingerboard :p other one is him in his cage! next to his T.V. that he loves to sleep in.lol
burny the hamster!burny the hamster!

Adorable! Really cute!

awww what a cute little hamster! i once had a hamster that lived a little over 3 years. it was really shocking and unexpected when she passed away.

taking care of a hamster is WAY easier than a guinea pig. from experience i'd say piggies are harder to take care of than dogs.

if you truly are interested in owning a guinea pig, here are some helpful links:

Guinea Pig Cages, Your Cavy At Home
https://www.guinealynx.info/
https://cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm
https://cavyspirit.com/sexing.htm

i'm not trying to sound rude or anything, i'm just trying to help you out!

also, if you can't get a guinea pig, perhaps they will let you get a hamster or a mouse? burny seems to be having a good time with you :)!

Last edited:
Burny is a cutie -- looks like he is a bundle of energy.

He's adorable! Is he a winter white? I've got a winter white hamster named Doc!burny the hamster!

your hamsters soooo cute :)... Kieri thanks for the link and i have an older post that saying I'm getting one next weekend and i have had them before just not my own... and thank you everyone for saying hes cute.. i will tell my teacher that you guys like him :)

My sister used to have a Winter White. He died last week. I never really liked him, he liked to bite and was scared of people. But he was cute, and a great subject for pictures! :)

^is that the one that died?^

Hamster's are a lot easier than pigs....or should I say cleaner?! LOL But piggies become a lot more attached once they gain your trust.

taking care of a hamster is WAY easier than a guinea pig. from experience i'd say piggies are harder to take care of than dogs.

I completely agree!! I have dogs now and had hamsters years ago...I think piggies do take more time, but it is worth it :)

Personality wise I prefer pigs, they are more human oriented than hamsters, especially my Robo hamster who I can't even hold, he's so fast! But my teddy bear hamster who died beginning of the month was a love.

I have two hamsters... doc (the winter white in the photo above) and Smooches, who is a robo dwarf. Doc is SO friendly. He come to his cage door and sits on his hind legs when I come in so that I will pick him up ❤️. Smooches is another storylol He absolutely will not let me touch him most of the time... I think I actually heard him growl at me once. Sometimes he lets me... but usually he's not in the mood. burny the hamster!
That photo is of Smooches one of the rare times he allowed me to handle him... you can see that he is probably plotting something... probably world domination.

I love my hammies, and they are so incredibly low maintenance, as long as they are in an escape proof cage. Doc managed to escape twice before I got his new escape proof cage. Thankfully my lazy hounds are not interested in chasing rodents unless they are squirrels.

I have two hamsters... doc (the winter white in the photo above) and Smooches, who is a robo dwarf. Doc is SO friendly. He come to his cage door and sits on his hind legs when I come in so that I will pick him up ❤️. Smooches is another storylol He absolutely will not let me touch him most of the time... I think I actually heard him growl at me once. Sometimes he lets me... but usually he's not in the mood. View attachment 19836
That photo is of Smooches one of the rare times he allowed me to handle him... you can see that he is probably plotting something... probably world domination.

I love my hammies, and they are so incredibly low maintenance, as long as they are in an escape proof cage. Doc managed to escape twice before I got his new escape proof cage. Thankfully my lazy hounds are not interested in chasing rodents unless they are squirrels.

OMG your Robo is adorable! I can't handle my Robo either! I've been told they are better just being watched lol. That's a beautiful photo!

OMG your Robo is adorable! I can't handle my Robo either! I've been told they are better just being watched lol. That's a beautiful photo!

Thanks! That photo was taken last February, he's about a year old now... and still grumpylol. He's fun to watch though... he's so fast that all you really see is a blur.

^ ur robo is really cute :) i love the photo!^

He was. He was cute, but mean. My friend called him "Evil". :D

He's really cute! I remember an old boss of mine came into work one day with a huge gash on his forehead. I asked him what happened. He said he hurled himself towards his daughter's hamster to catch him before he squeezed through the hole under their staircase. He caught the little guy, who fortunately, did not suffer any injuries.

lol... pinky! I was sitting in the living room watching tv with my family when I saw something running across the rug. I screamed bloody murder thinking it was a mouse! Quickly I figured out that it was Doc and was able to just go over and scoop him up! Little guy is certainly an escape artist! A months ago I went in to feed him and couldn't find him. I searched all over his cage and he wasn't there... looked in my closet, thinking I would never find him, and he was curled up behind a box cozy as he could be. lol Hammies are so much fun!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.