Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Built my Cage

Angel1018

Cavy Slave
I built my cage last night and it came out great, And the linoleum works out good. And I should be adopting My Piggies very soon. So I hope to have them home buy this weekend. I am so excited!

hey. How big did you make the cage?

u wanna show the pic of the cage u made? share with us

My cage is 2 feet-4 feet and I have a second level on it. I also adopted my Guinea Pig on saturday. I took a long drive out to CT and the lady was very nice. I got Oreo and Bailey and they are to cute. Oreo is Bailey dad, I guess the person that had them was only going to leave them there just for a short time. But unfortuantly they were not able to get them back. They are big guys and just the sweetest things in the world. They have been spending time lying with me at night. And I am trying to get them to try some fruit. The rescue lady was not sure what they would like.
I need to get some batteries for my digital camera. And I will be more than happy to add my pictures so I can share them.

Sounds like a great cage!

I found cubes today, got 2 boxes although 1 box was more than enough. I made mine 2X3 with an upper deck. I did make a cover that can make it totally enclosed but that is for the safety of the piggie since I have small children. If I didn't make the cover, one box of 24 grids would have been plenty...although I did run out of connectors but cable ties would work just fine too. I have to reboot in order to upload some pictures of the unfinished cage but will do that probably later today.

Since I have grids left over and will have coroplast leftover, I plan to make a slightly smaller version (like 2X2.75) for Petunia to go back to school in in the fall.

Here is a picture of the unfinished cage, with my 3 yr old and 1 yr old inside it. I still need to make the stairs and the coroplast bottom.

(broken link removed) Click on the album called ....Guinea Pigs :)

That is such a nice cage. I love it.

That is a nice cage. I am trying to figure out how to load picture on this site to show my Guys. And in a while I might make the cage bigger we will see how this one goes. So far they seem to be okay in it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.