Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Building tips

caddy21

Cavy Slave
So I have my cubes on order after much searching.

Now, I think I will be able to get the coroplast from a local sign shop who will cut it to size.

I have a few questions if I may.

How far do you have the side of the corroplast?
How did you score the corroplast in a straight line and bend it without breaking?
What did you use to hold it together, was it tape or glue? How did you ensure that the inside of the coroplast especially the corners remained water proof?

Thank you

I use a 3' metal T square and mark my lines lightly with a pencil. I use a small razor knife with the blade barely sticking out from the handle so I don't score too deeply. I use the t square as a guide to keep the line straight. Once I know I've score the entire length through the top layer, I fold it and it creases easily. If you don't score in some spots, it won't fold properly.

I don't butt up the sides. I overlap about 5" onto my shorter sides so my sides are really sturdy. It's hard to explain, but when I score the vertical outer edge to make the overlapping corner, I add 1/8" from the corner cut since the coroplast is 1/8" thick and the overlapping corner lays properly. I use heavy duty package sealing tape and stick a single piece vertically along the overlapped edge that extends about 5" over the short sides so it looks neat. I've attached a photo of my corner so you can see how the piece that overlaps lays properly.

[GuineaPigCages.com] Building tips

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.