Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Building new cage

NIUHuskieFan1

Cavy Slave
I want to build a new cage for my pig, Paulie, with the cubes and coroplast. I have a concern that I might be able to afford the bedding for a big cage. It's expensive with a smaller cage now. For those with the C&C cages, how often do you have to get new bedding? How much do you spend on bedding per month? Does anybody have any other suggestions besides bedding?

joaquinmtz

Cavy Slave
What kind of bedding are you using? and what bedding are you planning to use on you CC cage?
Fleece seems to be the cheaper option to use as bedding, it depends on what do you use on the lower layers, you can use towels but you will get the stinky problem, or you can use puppy pads, and that depends on waht kind of puppy pads you use, disposable or washables, I found some puppy pads on the web page from petsmart that last for over 300 washes, it may be expensive at beggining but for the long run, I think is the cheaper option

If you are going to use shelves, it will cost you a lot, depending on the size of your cage

If you can give more info about the size of your new cage and the bedding you want to use, we may be able to give you more info...

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
A lot of members here use fleece (including myself). What I use is fleece, then two layers of towels, then a foam mattress pad. I have two boars and I only have to wash it once a week or so. I also vacuum up the poops twice a day. My cage has yet to smell.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.