Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Building a C&C...

GuineaPigPerson

Cavy Slave
(broken link removed)

Thats the cage I plan on ordering. I was reading testimonials of C&C cages and this one was mentioned and the person said it took about an hour to set up...but it looks pretty easy. I use playpen grids that are quite different but the connecters are easy.

How much time does taping the flaps take?

Is it easy to just connect the levels?

The most time consuming part is scoring the coroplast. Taping the flaps takes 2 min tops! It's fairly easy to connect the grids all together, if you have pliers it's even easier! I suggest buying zip-ties to be sure everything is secure. Putting zip ties on everything is the second most time consuming but it's worth it!

The most time consuming part is scoring the coroplast. Taping the flaps takes 2 min tops! It's fairly easy to connect the grids all together, if you have pliers it's even easier! I suggest buying zip-ties to be sure everything is secure. Putting zip ties on everything is the second most time consuming but it's worth it!

Why do you need pliers? To cut the zip ties? I'm thinking I'll just use the connecters and then go back and put at least three ties between each one.

Why do you need pliers? To cut the zip ties? I'm thinking I'll just use the connecters and then go back and put at least three ties between each one.

You don't NEED pliers - it makes it easier though, they help pinch the grids together in the connectors because the connectors tend to be really tight. How to Make a C&C Cage <That should help, if you scroll to the very bottom it shows how to use the pliers to help you put it together :)

Oh Yay!!! Thanks! I'm so excited to have a C&C cage since mine is just a 20x40'' cage with a playpen attached..it will look much nicer to have a C&C cage! I hope I can easily get the connecters on, but I will have a pair of pliers with me.

:)

I hope I can easily get the connecters on, but I will have a pair of pliers with me. :)

Don't worry - you can put them together without the pliers, but pliers will save your fingers!!!

*BTW the piggy in your avitar pic is adorable!!

Don't worry - you can put them together without the pliers, but pliers will save your fingers!!!

*BTW the piggy in your avitar pic is adorable!!

I'm so excited! I hope it comes in this Thursday! Or at least by Friday. Is a 2x5 big? I've put it into perspective of 13 sq feet but I can't really tell if for a C&C cage it is big or small?? I feel I should've gotten a 2x6....and this is probably a stupid question but do they come partially built because it says it takes 48 hours for them to build and ship...build?

Oh the piggy isn't mine! It was one of the avatars, I would love to have another boar like him though!

A 2x5 is fairly large, my biggest cage is a 2x4 but that's all I have room for right now. A 2x5 is going to be more than 5 feet long - FYI.

I'm guessing the "build" portion means putting your entire order together - The right color/size coroplast with the correct color/number of grids, ramp, etc.

How many guinea pigs do you have right now?

a 2x5 is a decently sized cage :) I have a 2x7 right now, with a 2x3 connected, for a seperation issue.

The kit I ordered off of ebay, the corplast was already scored all I had to to was secure the flaps with zip ties and put the grids together. It isnt hard at all. You could always loose the second level and add it to the bottom and just connect the corplast with zip ties. I did my kit that way. It was a 2x3 with a 1x2 loft I converted it to a 2x7. You will love the c & c cage as much as your piggies will.

@boofp How did you go from a 2x3 with a 1x2 loft to a 2x7? Did you buy more coroplast??

A 2x5 is fairly large, my biggest cage is a 2x4 but that's all I have room for right now. A 2x5 is going to be more than 5 feet long - FYI.

I'm guessing the "build" portion means putting your entire order together - The right color/size coroplast with the correct color/number of grids, ramp, etc.

How many guinea pigs do you have right now?

I knew that a 2x5 was going to be more than 5 feet long, I knew that the actual cage was around 13 sq feet. I have it now and it was easy to build and my pigs love it. I bought a bunch of binder sliders so they wouldn't chew on the coroplast but I just can't get them on. I have two boars.

I got my cage! Easy to build I got black coroplast and black grids and it really looks good, much better than a pet store cage! My guinea pigs haven't walked at all they run now! I like it a lot and the hay rack I bought made of grids is great too.

@boofp How did you go from a 2x3 with a 1x2 loft to a 2x7? Did you buy more coroplast??
No just zip tied the loft area to the bottom coroplast. It makes a 2x6 my bad... I then got new coroplast and still used some of the old to make a 1 x 2 section to make the cage a 2x7

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.