Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Scratching Brownies med thread

• Thread starter TheGuineaPigGal
  • Start date

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
How is she now?

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
She is gone. :(

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I am so sorry. You gave it your best. Poor girl. I was hoping for better.

TheGuineaPigGal

Cavy Slave
Most of you may know, Mama Wheeks passed away on the 19th of March. I am left wondering her cause of death, as she was wheeking and popcorning that morning. I am not interested in an autopsy because I want her to rest, and I already buried her. When I noticed her acting ill, she was wheezing and refused to eat 2 hrs prior. Later on, she let out a loud cry, fell over, and started twitching. She went limp and was basically only breathing 10 minutes after, couldn't even get her mouth open to syringe feed her because she wouldn't chew.

ItsaZoo

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry this happened, you have my condolences. I know how much you tried to help her, but this sounds like a stroke or heart failure since it came on so fast. You took such good care of her and she had a good life with you. Take care of yourself.

Guinea Pig Papa

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I know how you feel about having a necropsy done. Some people can do it. They have a need to know. I look at it from a personal perspective that it won't bring my baby back, and I can't bear the thought of what needs to be done.

Whatever it was, it seems to me like it came on fairly quickly. It could very well have been cardiac failure, or a stroke or something else entirely. If there was something wrong prior, she may have hidden it entirely from you.

Sometimes we'll just never know what happened. Sometimes not knowing is better.

Hold Brownie's memories close and cherish them. Because that's all that really matters from here on out.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.