Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Broken LCD screen on digital camera

RodentsRus

Cavy Star, Video Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I broke my LCD screen on my Canon Digital camera. The camera still takes great picture..

[GuineaPigCages.com] Broken LCD screen on digital camera[GuineaPigCages.com] Broken LCD screen on digital camera

I have order a replacement screen on ebay (20$)

[GuineaPigCages.com] Broken LCD screen on digital camera

My boyfriend thinks he can replace it..(watch a youtube video) has anyone actually done it? Is it hard to do?

I'm an electronics soldering technician for a living...assuming that's the exact same model for your camera, it looks like a really simple solder job, or it might even be a zero insertion force lock socket.

If you do have to solder the connector, use a no-clean flux core solder. I actually recommend using lead-based solder instead of lead-free; proper leaded solder just flows so much more naturally than the tin-based lead-free alternatives. And given that it's for one single LCD panel and not a factory full of industrial circuit boards like I build every day, the environmental effect of lead will be negligible...just be sure to work in a well-ventilated area, maybe set up a fan to blow the fumes away from your face.

My b/f says it should not be that hard...just those screws to open it up are smalllllllll when he solders he does it in a well ventilated and lit area..the fumes are bad. Thanks

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.