Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bricks for patios

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Hi! I had just made my C&C cage, and then I heard about the brick patios. I have bricks, but they had like, concrete stuck to them. Can I use this, or is it better not to?
Amanda

Um.. The patio idea sounds great! However, I think that you shouldn't use those bricks just to be on the safe side

Okay, thanks. I'll be sure not to use them!

bricks

RubyPiggie2 said:
Hi! I had just made my C&C cage, and then I heard about the brick patios. I have bricks, but they had like, concrete stuck to them. Can I use this, or is it better not to?
Amanda
Go to Home Depot and get some flat patio bricks. The red bricks I got where 12'x12'. I put one in the hay cage under the water bottle and one in their connected running cage. They love to lay on them and it keeps their nails short.
Good luck.

putting a brick under the water bottle is a great idea. Gets their nails trimmed and soaks up any leakage.

How much did you pay for your bricks? Are they expensive?? For the time being, I put a block of cut wood under the water bottle. They seem to like nibbling on it.

~Amanda~

oh no, bricks are really cheap. In the UK, you can get them for 20p, which is the price of a chocolate bar!

Which kind of wood are you using?

It's just regular cut wood. No paint on it or anything. It that bad?? It's cut just like a 2 by 4 would be, just a lot smaller.

Amanda

bricks

RubyPiggie2 said:
How much did you pay for your bricks? Are they expensive?? For the time being, I put a block of cut wood under the water bottle. They seem to like nibbling on it.

~Amanda~
They are real cheap. Look at my site and you will Pickles laying on one.

The wood may get moldy (the piggies are messy with their water sometimes!!!), and so you will need to change wood blocks every so often if you decide to stick with them. To buy a couple of bricks wouldn't be expensive at all! =) Try looking at a Home Depot or other hardware/landscaping store. Good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.