Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Breeds

lilouisianagal

Cavy Slave
What are the different breeds of guineas?

Well there is a ton I will name a few.
Teddy (aka Rex)
Coronet
American
American Satin
English
Texel
Merino
Sheltie(aka Silkie)
Pervuvian
Abbsynian
Skinny
Baldwin
Alpaca
Rosette
White Crested
Self Crested
These are all that I know of....

well, you probably want to know what those breeds look like..........hang on while i get a link.........

here are a couple pics and descriptions.

(broken link removed)

lol...I was tryingt o find this link since you posted this! lol This is a cool link...
(broken link removed)

Ruthie is a peruvian :) lol.

Theres mixes, too. :)

mixes are usually called brokens, i believe

Thanks those sites were great! But what is an Abbey?

an abby, which is short for abbysinian, is a pig with little rosettes or whorls all over their body. they usually have between 6 and 8 whorls.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh that is funny. I did not catch on at all. nickname okay.

There are two different kinds of abyssians. Satin and just abyssians. There are many different piggie breeds that have things like satin and other different terms.

well then Fifi is a red and white (red is the color of the cavy in my avatar right? besides black and white of course) abby, and she might be crested. She doesn't have a whorl on her head but her head hair sticks straight up. It is also rather funny because hair on her bum sticks up and so she looks like she has a perky little tail!

how old is Fifi?? The dont get all their whorls immediantly. My abby's hair sticks up too. by the way she sounds soo cute = )

I think she's around a year old. And she is adorable. She reminds me of a red and white pomeranian puppy/dog. Thats why her name is so fitting...she is like a little high class pooch.

lilouisianagal said:
is the color of the cavy in my avatar right? besides black and white of course
no, red is more orange. that is lilac

lilac is purple.

lol. i know. but when referring to cavy coat types, it means a light beige. trust me.

; )

This is a lilac

(broken link removed)

thanks for the pic piglet.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.