Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Breeds?

MeAndMyLovelies

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone!
Well I've been thinking, and I've decided that I will be adopting another guinea pig. Now Peanut was a long haired, Gizmo is short haired and Chaz is an Abby.
When it comes to adopting again, I'd like to go for another short haired, possibly a texel. Does anyone have an idea where I could get information on different breeds? I'm just very curious!
Thanks.

edit: By the way, what are the ones with curly fur called?

Last edited:
Texels are not short haired - they are the long, curly-haired ones. (broken link removed) is a good link with pictures of lots of different breeds.

I think you may be thinking of a Teddy instead of a Texel. Like said, Texels have long curly hair where as the Teddy has a short kinked like coat I guess you could say. I like Teddies they are pretty neat and fun to pet.

Yes! It is a teddy I'm thinking about! "T" mixed me up I guess. Thanks!

Anytime;) Hope you find what your looking for. Are you looking for a sow or a boar? Have you been checking Petfinder and such? Good Luck!

Texels look gorgeous, but I've never seen one in real life. Does anyone know are they rare? Do any of you have one (or two)?

They aren't 'rare'. I have seen texel mixes in the shelter, not perfect coats. Fenella gets them in from time to time in her San Diego rescue.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.