Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Breeder...quitting...does this count?

arionat799

Cavy Slave
Is it okay to adopt-does that count as adopting?-a guinea pig from a breeder who's quitting?

I hate to sound negative but I have doubts that they are really quitting and not just telling you what you want to hear. how do you know they will actually quit?

That's the reason they are re-homing. The ad said they are quitting so they need to find homes for all the pigs.

I have to agree with Casey's mommy, sometimes breeders create a sob story or just a regular story saying they are quitting breeding in order to get people to buy their pigs. Then, having no intention of stopping, they go ahead and breed again to start the cycle over.

Are they asking a fee for the pig(s)?

I'd send them a message and suggest they surrender them to a nearby rescue. The rescue will probably request a surrender fee from them which will determine if it's legitimate. Then, adopt from the rescue. I don't trust the " quitting " ploy. I see an ad on Craigslist that always says they're moving and have to rehome all their guinea pigs. It might also be a matter of this litter not turning out as they had hoped so they want to give these up and breed another litter.

Okay, I will not be adopting from them. I also found an ad with two females who are being re-homed separately. They are abbys, I want one so bad!! :p

[GuineaPigCages.com] Breeder...quitting...does this count?[GuineaPigCages.com] Breeder...quitting...does this count?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.