Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Breed

Jennie&Steve

Cavy Slave
I was volunteering at my local animal shelter last night and they just got in the most amazing looking guinea pig I have ever seen. His fur was black at the base with silver tips. And I don't mean grey or white, but silver! He looked like he had metallic thread running throughout his fur. He was beautiful! He had black eyes and feet. Does anyone know what breed of guinea pig he is? I wanted to adopt him on the spot since I'll probably never see another one like that - especially at a shelter, but I don't have the space or funds. =(

On second thought ... can a neutered male and an intact female live together happily? I'm still trying to come up with ways to make this work ...

Right now I have one female. In April, she'll be moving in with another female. Would it be a bad idea for me to get a male now, neuter him, introduce him to my female, and then introduce a second female into the group in April? Any advice/ideas?

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
if you find out what species it is, please let me know! he sounds like a real beauty!

-mulengro

Maby its a satin agoutie? Satins are shiny and sort of metalic looking. Agouties are ticked. Ive had a pig that was onlyagoutie in certain places. He was gold on top of a dark chocolate color. He was absolutly beautiful.Maby this is your mystery pig. Even if you dont adopt him could you take a picture and post it? I bet lots of people on this site would love to see him! Oh every time I have paired a male and female it has worked out. Its only a little bit trickier with two males. Tell us what happens please!

I only volunteer at the shelter every 2 weeks. If he's still there in 2 weeks when I go back, I'm going to adopt him. However, that shelter is very busy and there's usually an almost complete turnover between my visits, so it's very unlikely that he'll be there. Hopefully he'll go to ao very good home. I attached the picture that they put on their website. (I hope it works!) It doesn't do him justice, but hopefully you can use your imaginations.

He looks like a Silver Agouti (variety) American (breed) definately, but it's hard to tell from the picture. Does he have a white belly?

Yes, he does! Thanks!

Hey, I saw him online!!! =) Ash looks pretty, but I like one of the other boars at that shelter. I also like one of Allysse's pairs and one other boar. I'm hoping to adopt somethime soon! =) I was just wondering, could you tell me anything about a boar called Skip at that shelter? Thanks very much in advance!! =)

Sorry, I don't know anything about Skip besides what's online. I wasn't working on the floor last Wednesday night, I just happened to notice Ash on my way out. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. =(

Ok, thank you very much for the help anyhow! =) It's great that you volunteer... I wish I had the time. Sports keep me busy the whole school year, not to mention school... top of the class... and my Gold Award project... sigh. Thank you again for answering! =)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.