Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Joy Breakthrough with non-cuddly guinea pigs!

KaileighRussell

Cavy Slave
I gushed about this via Facebook - but I feel it will be appreciated here!

None of my three girls are cuddle bugs - far from it. They aren't scared all the time or hate people, they just prefer not to be handled and picked up. Today - Callie was sitting in the hay pit munching away just kind of absently watching me. I put my hands in the cage and let her nibble my finger a bit and started scratching her chin. Normally at this point she takes off all offended. Today though, she just sat there and stuck her chin out more and closed her eyes!!!

*Super epic happy dance of joy*

I held it in till I left the room and was out of eyesight! :)

ahhh it seems like you found her sweet spot :D that sounds really wonderful.
i cant imagine letting my piggy nibble my finger though XD one of them tried it once and i got a shock, and me jumping gave her a shock too i guess since she never nibbled again so far.

hope your piggies continue to be more cuddly! :)

i cant imagine letting my piggy nibble my finger though XD one of them tried it once and i got a shock, and me jumping gave her a shock too i guess since she never nibbled again so far.

I've definitely lucked out (for the most part) that they only give kisses/love bites. All of them looove nibbling on fingers and then they go do their thing haha. I'm hoping she continues to be a bit more cuddly although I love them regardless of how much outward love they show :p.

my fingers were covered in cucumber juice and she was new to me, so i guess she took a curious nibble! i'm glad they know what my fingers smell like and (so far) haven't bit me. i've yet to get licks from my piggy though :(

bring them out for laptime :)

Definitely! They aren't big fans of laptime actually, they'll tolerate it but other than Oph they just sit there complaining. They really like floor time where I'm sitting there reading a book or doing yoga! They looooove when I become a moving jungle gym :p.

They're all rescued so I'm thinking that they might have been either abused or manhandled (thinking they may have been a kids pet when they were really little and gotten rid of when they weren't small enough to easily manhandle). It's been about a year now that I've had them and I think they're going to just be a little less cuddly and I'm alright with that - I've just swung getting my fill of piggy cuddles in ways that make them comfortable! Little moments though, like chin scritches, just make me happy :)

yeah my lil guy who normally runs away all of sudden sits still wheeks at me and lets me pet his chin and every thing. im glad u got progression !

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.