Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

boys love their "veggie basket"

jacqueline

Cavy Slave
first i want to say how grateful i have been for all the suggestions and ideas i've found on this sight - how creative and how "guinea pig-centric" you all are :D
one of the ideas i found here - sorry i forget from whom - was about taking a pyrex dish and filling it with veggie treats amonst hay, balls of paper, etc. so they can dig and "work" for their veggies. i modified it a bit, and am using a smaller metal tray - something i found at an office supply store meant for holding pencils and small office supplies. i put some hay in the bottom, some of their favorite veggies in the middle and a light covering of hay on top. i put a couple veggies on top that they find easily to get the started. ;)well, they seem to love it! they nose around in their sweet smelling hay, and eat the hay AND their peppers, green beans, etc. i used to have a service dog (he retired, and i'm waiting for another one - any day now) and i know how important it is for an animal's health to keep them intellectually stimulated as well. so this was a great idea!

That is an awesome idea, I think we will try this as well!

^ Same here:D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.