Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fighting Boys fighting :[

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
I have a trio of boys, Zenigata is over a year old, and Ashitaka and Hiei are both 4 months old.
They have gotten along absolutely amazingly until this last week.
Ashitaka started testing Zeni for dominance, trying to push him around and hump, chase etc. Well yesterday I found a small bald patch on Zenigata and a scab. I wasn't sure if he had been scratching or if he was bit, and since I didn't witness any fighting, I decided to keep an eye on it.

Well today I went to feed the babies dinner and Ash has a small gash on his nose, definitely a bite wound.

I'm so upset because I've never had a piggy falling out and I don't know what to do! I've separated them for now, keeping Ash and Hiei together and Zenigata on his own. Zeni already seems depressed without having a buddy around, but the two keep lunging at each other.
I already have 11 pigs so adding a 12th is an absolute last resort.

I don't want Zeni to be alone, but I don't know what to do about the fighting. Would a buddy bath help? Should I keep Zeni on his own for awhile and reintroduce when Ash's hormones calm down? Is there anything I can do to make them get along again? Or do I need to start looking for a piggie friend for Zeni?

Please help :sad:

PiggieWigglies

Cavy Slave
How large is their cage? Considering that that Ash and Hiei are both basically in the puberty stage thats probably why they are having issues. A buddy bath wouldn't hurt.

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
They are in a 2x6 at the moment. I don't really have any room to expand since the cages take up my entire dining room.
I definitely know it's puberty based I just have no clue what to do about it haha

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
I suppose I should add, they WERE bonded, and have been together since Ash and Hiei were only 3 weeks old.

agirlwithink

Cavy Slave
I woke up to Ash slamming through the barrier to get at Zeni.
Is there ever a chance they'll get along again or do I need to give it up and find another piggie friend for Zeni?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.