Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C Bottom to C&C Cage

Ryan Marie

Cavy Gazer
Hello All :)

A newbie to C&C cage here! I have purchases a C&C with extra grids as I am making a bottom for it because I will have about an inch overhang. The place suggested to use the connectors on the bottom, however that would make the coroplast uneven as they stick up. Would it be easier to just ziptie all of the grids for the whole cage instead of using connectors? Or should I use the connectors for the cage and then just zip tie the bottom? Does anyone who has a bottom on their cage have pictures?

Thank You!!

lissie

Cavy Slave
Are you putting it on a table? If you are going to zip tie the bottom, it will be a little smaller than the sides (if you use connectors on the sides). I'd recommend just zip ties both bottom and sides, to make all of them uniform.

If you're not putting it on a table, you could make a stand from grids. The way the connectors in the middle will be pointing down. (like this cage from the photo gallery)
(broken link removed)

Close-up
(broken link removed)

Last edited:

lissie

Cavy Slave
Here's a cage with just zip ties.

(broken link removed)

Stand:
(broken link removed)

Ryan Marie

Cavy Gazer
Thank you!! I am going to be putting it on my dresser. Winston is a little baby...not sure exactly how old, so I am going to have to babyproof it...i wont have any extra grids...could I weave ribbon or fleece through the grids tightly to baby proof it? If not, I'm sure I have some cardboard laying around...I just don't want him to chew on it...etc. I went to my Home Depot and they are out of coroplast. He is a very shy and cuddly baby, I couldn't see him attempting to push through ribbon or fleece.

Last edited:

pinky

Cavy Slave
Cardboard should be fine to baby proof the sides but the bottom needs to be waterproof. Make the sides tall enough so he can't chew it. Cardboard used for baby proofing can be overlapped pieces and it really doesn't matter how it looks.

Ryan Marie

Cavy Gazer
Thank you all!! I made a bottom with grids to sit on my dresser and I even screwed the grids into the wall so it does not move. Winston loves his new home :) Already thinking of getting a loft lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.