Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Book cover on top of tunnel

KmKrazy9

Cavy Slave
I made one of those tunnels from a spare grid. Then I took an old book cover from school and stretched it over the top. I had to cut it alittle to make the openings. But I can put hay ontop of the grid and it will stay inplace with the book cover over it and she can eat it when shes inside. She really likes it so far

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Wow, I thought of trying that but I didn't think anyone else would. It's wierd how we all seem to have the same idea around here! lol Thanks for making me feel ok about my wierd ideas... =) Oh, and how does it work? Do they chew it at all? Thanks again.

kennethlhm

Cavy Slave
I made tunnel with grid too. But I cover it with white (abit transparent, so I can see their movement inside) coroplast by cable ties on the tunnel.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
That's cool, you probably don't even need the grid then! =) You could just build it out of coroplast. That's a neat idea too, though I don't have white coroplast. Thanks! =)

kennethlhm

Cavy Slave
mncavylover said:
That's cool, you probably don't even need the grid then! =) You could just build it out of coroplast. That's a neat idea too, though I don't have white coroplast. Thanks! =)
Without the grid, just the coroplast tunnel will be too light & not that stable.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Yes, I suppose you're right... I forgot how much piggies like to shove their toys around when responding last time. Thanks for clearing my mistake up! =)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.