Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bonding Bonding with the piggies

MishImpossible

Cavy Slave
It's just me and the guinea-babies in the house just now as my bf is out of town on business. So I thought I'd use the opportunity to bond with them a little more and managed to pick them up out of their cage, one at a time and hold them for a little while. All was going well until the ****ing phone rang!!

Capy squeaked a little until I reassured him and stroked him a little. He seemed to be the most calm and stayed still whilst I held him. He IS the least skittish out of the two but started to get a bit fidgety when I lowered him into his cage. Moose was really skittish - that little dude is FAST - and constantly tried to climb up my jumper and neck when I held him. Unfortunately he was the one that I was holding when the phone went.

I gave them some yellow pepper afterwards as a reward. Hopefully they'll associate being traumatised with food and maybe not mind as much when I do pick them up now lol.

Haha! My girls have grown so accustomed to noise I nearly think they are deaf!

Right now, my grandpa is taking out our old shower tiles that we used to replace it with plastic, and here is a description of what he has done so far, and the girls have not flinched:

1: Hammer to the old tile until it is all out. About...... 45 tiles for the first wall. Another whole wall to come.

2: Something even more noisy than a hammer..... Dunno what it was, but it was pounding stuff off of the walls and it was electric!

3: Drilling the new stuff to the wall.

And part 2 tomorrow! lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.