Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Feet Boar glue stuck to foot...

Spartacus14

Cavy Slave
Hi! I adopted a guinea pig named Spartacus from one of my sorority sisters in May. He is the most happy guinea pig I've owned, and certainly spoiled. He purrs frequently (my first guinea pig who was also a male never purred this much! Haha) and I notice from time to time "boar glue" stuck to his fleeces and towels. Well today when I went to take him out of his cage I noticed he had it stuck to his foot! We can't seem to get it off; it's rock solid glued to his own foot and part of his nail. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to remove it? We tried soaking his foot in warm water to soften it but that didn't work. He was just at the vet the other day for what I thought was a seizure but she assured he was fine; the more I think about what he did the more I think he was choking and not seizing..but anyway...trying to avoid another vet visit if possible. I've attached photos of his boar glue (he also seems to have a cut of some sort too). If anyone has any suggestions as to how to remove it please let me know! I'd hate to drag him back to the vet. Image

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Piggy spit is the best thing for getting boar glue off. He'll manage on his own.